Exciting news! A new name for CPHP/CHL ~ Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership (CPHPL)!
This unified name reflects our shared values across programs and our ongoing commitment to support students, faculty, alumni and practitioners to achieve excellence in practice and leadership as they promote individual and community health.
From 2008-2016, the Center for Health Leadership (CHL) at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health enhanced the School’s curricular, co-curricular and experiential offerings to inspire and prepare graduate students to be effective health leaders and professionals and to learn how to “lead from where you are.” It achieved this by building on and expanding the leadership development activities offered through the Center for Public Health Practice (CPHP) and throughout the School of Public Health.
As we work to build our unified presence under one online “roof” at the Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership website, we’ll continue to house core offerings like the Leadership Toolkit while highlighting past programs like the Leadership Fellows Program here. For more information on the latest leadership and professional development activities including the Student Collaborative for Impact Leadership (SCIL), Leadership Day, practice-based seminars, courses, internships, career services, a career website, and community projects be sure to visit the CPHPL here.
In the meantime, we so appreciate your participation in and support of the work we do at the Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership. We're excited to continue the journey together, as we grow our new brand into the future!
Why a Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership:
- The increasing demand for health leaders and professionals
- UC Berkeley's School of Public Health has a strong tradition of leadership, innovation, promoting change & social justice
- Leadership is at the core of the School of Public Health Vision & Mission
- We have the resources to enhance student & alumni leadership & professional skills to achieve career & service goals
The Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership aims to:
- Support the School of Public Health's mission to produce transformational leaders
- Promote the importance of leadership across diverse health disciplines
- Develop and enhance leadership competencies among students, faculty, alumni and the community at large
- Ready students for leadership and professional roles, better preparing them for the challenges of their first post-graduate jobs and for advancement
- Increase leadership development opportunities during students’ tenure at the School of Public Health, and immediately thereafter
- Improve links between alumni and students and develop mentorship opportunities for students with alumni and public health professionals
- Encourage and support students to lead from where they are to promote change