Panel Discussion: How Can We Transform Community Health and Care Delivery Through Upstream Innovations?
- Larry Cohen, Executive Director, Prevention Institute: Community Centered Health Systems: Transforming Community Health Delivery Through Upstream Innovations
- Anthony Iton, Senior Vice President, The California Endowment: Health Career Connections
- Loel Solomon, Vice President of Community Health, Kaiser Permanente: Deploying Kaiser Permanente Assets for Total Health
- Keynote Presentations:
- Clark Kellogg, Principal, Communications and Sustainability, Collective Invention: Innovating Upstream: How a Little Spring Can Become a Mighty River
- Lalitha Viadyanathan, Managing Director, FSG Consulting: Collective Impact: Strategies to Achieve Systemic and Sustainable Health Improvement
Bright Spot Presentations:
- Jeff Hobson, Deputy Director, TransForm CA: Transportation Equity, Access and Community Health: Engaging Residents in Shaping Transportation and Their Communities
- Pat Dennehy,Director, Paul Harkin, HIV Services Program Manager, and Esker-D Ligon, Behavioral Health Department Manager, Glide Health Services: Glide Health Services
- David Law,Executive Director, Joy-Southfield Community Development Corporation: Population Health in Detroit: Clinical and Community-Based Prevention
- Florence Simpson, Food Service Manager, Los Angeles Unified School District, and Ariana Oliva, Nutrition Policy Advocate, California Food Policy Advocates: RENEWing School Meals: The Path to Serving Healthy, Enjoyable School Meals
- Ron Davis, Police Chief, East Palo Alto Police Department, Sarah Lawrence, Director of Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation, The Warren Institute on Law and Social Policy, UC Berkeley, and SaraT Mayer, Director of Public Health, Policy and Planning, San Mateo Health System: Using Public Health Strategies to Reduce Crime in Hot Spots in East Palo Alto
- John Engstrom, Sr. Policy Analyst, and Janet Biblin, Director, Decision Support Services, Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services, and Tammy Rice, Social Work Supervisor, SSI Advocacy Unit, Alameda County Social Services, and Theresa Traynor, Sr. Program Specialist TRUST Clinic, Health Care for the Homeless Program, Alameda County Public Health Department: Alameda County SSI Advocacy Trust: Improving Health, Income and Housing Outcomes, While Saving Counties Money
- Judy Li, Vice President, Health System Innovation and Community Benefit, Sutter West Bay Region, and Russell Lee, CHW Training Institute Project Manager, Center for Public Health Practice, UC Berkeley: St. Luke's Primary Care Redesign: HealthFirst Project Plan
- Julia Caplan, Program Director, Public Health Institute, Karen Ben-Moshe, Health in All Policies Taskforce Coordinator, California Department of Public Health, Meredith Lee, Health in All Policies, Intern, City of Richmond, and Gabino Arredondo, Health and Wellness Coordinator, City of Richmond: City of Richmond: Health in All Policies
- Lucia Sayre, Co-Director, Bay Area Physicians for Social Responsibility / Director, Healthier Food in Healthcare Project: Healthy Food in Health Care
- Jack Henderson, Associate Director of Food Services, UCSF Medical Center: Healthier and Sustainable Food in a Large Acade
mic Medical Center
- Alison Negrin, Executive Chef, John Muir Health: John Muir Health System: Our Path to Sustainability
- Ariane Michas, Regional Food Systems Manager, Community Alliance with Family Farmers: Bay Area Hospital Sourcing Project
Articles and Newsletters:
- Hussain, Nadia. AAPI Groups Question Implementation of Health Care Reform. June 21, 2013. Hyphen: Asian America Unabridged.
- The Alameda County TRUST Clinic. Zero Tolerance of Homelessness. Volume II, Issue 2. June 2013.